Cricket Tasmania congratulates local umpires Sam Nogajski, Michael Graham-Smith and Darren Close on maintaining their selection on the Cricket Australia Umpire Panels for 2019-20.
Nogajski and Graham-Smith will be part of the National Umpire Panel (NUP) and Close has been named on the Supplementary Umpire Panel (SUP) for the summer ahead.
The NUP primarily officiate in the Sheffield Shield, One-Day Cup and KFC Big Bash League competitions, while the SUP primarily officiate in the Women’s National Cricket League, Rebel Women’s Big Bash League, Toyota Futures League and CA Underage National Championships.
“Considered internally as our ‘third team’, our umpires have the unique situation of having a touchpoint with every single CA sanctioned fixture.
“I’d like to acknowledge the hard work and continual strive for excellence shown by our umpiring team. I also wish to acknowledge the important role that families and state/territory support networks provide to our team to ready them for the next level.”
Cricket Australia’s umpire panels are chosen by a selection panel consisting of Match Officials Manager Sean Easey, Match Referees Manager Matthew Hall and former ICC Elite Panel Umpire Steve Davis.
Confirmation of the National and Supplementary Match Referee Panels will be made in coming months.
2019-20 National Umpire Panel
· Gerard Abood (New South Wales)
· Shawn Craig (Victoria)
· Greg Davidson (New South Wales)
· Simon Fry (South Australia)
· Phil Gillespie (Victoria)
· Mike Graham-Smith (Tasmania)
· Geoff Joshua (Victoria)
· Donovan Koch (Queensland)
· Sam Nogajski (Tasmania)
· John Ward (Victoria)
· Tony Wilds (New South Wales)
· Paul Wilson (New South Wales)
2019-20 Supplementary Umpire Panel
· Darren Close (Tasmania)
· Nathan Johnstone (Western Australia)
· Simon Lightbody (New South Wales)
· Troy Penman (New South Wales)
· Claire Polosak (New South Wales)
· Ben Treloar (New South Wales)