This year our Tasmanian Indigenous cricket team is competing in the National Indigenous Cricket Carnival in Alice Springs.
The team is currently playing a variety of matches against other states and territories in a T20 competition format.
- Aaron TUXWORTH (Captain) Smithton Stars Cricket Club
- Josh BARRY Burnie Hurricanes Cricket Club
- Eli BELLINGER Forest Stanley Cricket Club
- Corey BRIGGS Westbury Cricket Club
- Jack CALLINAN North Hobart Cricket Club
- James CARPENTER Riana Cricket Club
- Will DAU Ulverstone Cricket Club
- Brodie DEVERELL Sheffield Cricket Club
- Brayden DEVRIES Ulverstone Cricket Club
- Brodie HAYES Burnie Hurricanes Cricket Club/Greater Northern Raiders
- Julius KERWIN Ulverstone Cricket Club
- Callan MORSE Latrobe Cricket Club
- Ben SPINKS Mowbray Cricket Club/Greater Northern Raiders
The team is being coached by Paul Collins and Guy Grey.
Captained by Aaron Tuxworth from the Smithton Stars Cricket Club, the first match took place on Monday 27 January where they were defeated by Queensland.
They played their next game against Western Australia later that day, defeating them by 55 runs.
The team set the record for the highest T20 partnership in the competition with a total of 167 runs between Callan Morse (87) and Brodie Hayes (62).
Their team total of 1/169 was also a record-breaker in the competition.
The next game for the squad takes place today at Albrecht Oval against Victoria at 3.30PM.
Tuesday 28th January vs. Victoria Albrecht Oval 3.30pm start (Local Time)
Wednesday 29th January vs. NSW Jim McConville Oval 12pm start (Local Time)
Friday 31st January vs. SA Jim McConville Oval 8.30am start (Local Time)
Vs NT Jim McConville Oval 3.30pm start (Local time)
Sunday 2nd February Elimination/Preliminary Finals TBC
Monday 3rd February Final TBC 3.30pm