WHAT: Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Sixers BBL Blockbuster
WHEN: 7.15pm – 10.15pm, THIS Friday Night 4 January 2019
WHERE: Blundstone Arena, Hobart
WEATHER FORECAST: 13-33 Degrees & Sunny / Cool Change From 5pm
- 1st vs 2nd ‘Top of the Table’ Clash as at 02/01/19.
- Hurricanes are the ONLY undefeated team after four games.
- See D'Arcy Short, Jofra Archer, Matthew Wade, George Bailey, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith and James Faulkner LIVE in action.
- New Hurricanes all-rounder, off-spinner and former South African International Johan Botha up against his former Sydney side.
- Sixers feature classy Tassie Tiger Jordan Silk plus captain Moises Henriques and speedster Sean Abbott.
- Start the New Year with a Big Bash Hobart showdown.
- Our next home game not until Tuesday 29 January!
PLENTY of tickets + GREAT seats available as we storm back into Hobart!
CLICK HERE: Ticketek Tickets
VALUE! General Admission Match Tickets FROM:
Adult: $23 / Junior: $8 / Concession: $18 / Family (2A+2J): $49
Standard Reserved Seat Match Tickets FROM:
Adult: $39 / Junior: $15 / Concession: $30 / Family (2A+2J): $88
Premium Reserved Seat Match Tickets FROM:
Adult: $47 / Junior: $15 / Concession: $35 / Family (2A+2J): $108
CLICK HERE: Hurricanes 2-Game General Admission Memberships FROM:
Adult: $55 / Junior: $25 / Concession: $45 / Family (2A+2J): $135
Gate Opening Times:
5.45pm – For Cricket Tasmania + Hobart Hurricanes Members.
6.15pm – For General Public / Non-Members.
FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- Free buses operate to Blundstone Arena from Franklin Square, Elizabeth Street, Hobart CBD.
- Will leave the city every 10 minutes from First Bus 5.35pm until Last Bus 6.55pm.
- Buses will then depart post-match from Church Street, Bellerive as required to return patrons back to Franklin Square in the city.
Metro Tasmania - Tel: 13 22 01 / Web: www.metrotas.com.au
Get the Metro App from the App Store or Google Play Store.
MATCH-DAY HOSPITALITY PACKAGES:
Please contact Event Sales Manager Tristan Hall.
Mobile: 0439 325 456
HOSPITALITY BESTSELLER - VOLKSWAGEN HUB:
- premium reserved outdoor seating with brilliant field views
- four hour food & beverage package including platters, grazing food, beer, wine & soft drinks
- private indoor bar & drinks service
- comfortable & lively indoor lounge
- flexible fun or relaxed entertainment areas
- smart casual dress code.
Cost: $160pp per game.
Tassal Tasmanian Salmon Offerings:
- Tassal Classic Catches Inflatable Unit With Photos
- FREE: 4 & 6 Boundary Cards & Thundersticks
- #CadburyHill Family Area
- Cadbury Fundraising Chocolates Booth
- CadburyCam #ShareTheMoment Big Screen Crowd Vision
MyState Bank Offerings:
- MyState Bank Giant Inflatable Pirate Ship
- FREE: Hurricanes Bandanas
- Hurricanes MyState Bank Youth Accounts – CLICK HERE: Full Info.
What you get when you open a Hurricanes Youth Account:
1. Hurricanes Junior Supporter Membership
The Hurricanes hold exclusive events for members throughout the season including open training sessions & Junior Members Clinic with Hurricanes players.
2. FREE Hurricanes Match Entry & Merchandise Discounts
Free entry to one home match at either Blundstone Arena or UTAS Stadium and a 10% discount on merchandise bought at the ground or online.
3. FREE Hurricanes Merchandise
Free supporter flag, mini signature bat, player trading cards, sticker sheet, member lanyards & membership card.
Hobart Hurricanes Offerings:
- Throw Targets Skills Wall
- Face Painters
- FREE: KFC Bucket Hats, The Mercury Newspaper Season Guides & more.
Captain Hurricane ‘Meet + Greet’ with FREE Valhalla Premium Tasmanian Ice Cream giveaways alongside his new pirate mascot buddies Belle & Rive.
Hill Street Grocer ‘Guess The Crowd’ Competition to WIN a signed Hurricanes BAT + SHIRT.
First Christmas Eve home crowd – 9,132
Second Hobart home crowd – 10,478
First Launceston home crowd – 12,455
Our NEW Ground ‘Four’ce On-Field MC Crew featuring Hit100.9 Hobart’s Jimmy & Nath plus Bonnie Sveen from Home and Away and our Ground Announcer Tubes Taylor.
Triple M Hobart Make Your Own Banner!
The Mercury Newspaper 'Face On The Front Page'.
Hurricanes Foundation Popcorn.
NEW! FREE OFFICIAL 'BIG BASH BUDDY' APP:
Match-day companion for Hurricanes members + fans featuring:
- Hurricanes Siren: Support us LOUD + PROUD on game-days at the stadium or from home.
- Tassal Turbo Trivia: Test your knowledge with Big Screen Trivia for your chance to WIN $500 vouchers thanks to Tassal Tasmanian Salmon.
- Match Day Matters: Your updated game-day info for all things Hurricanes.
- Buy Match Tickets & Game-Time Countdown Clock.
- Exclusive Video + Photo Content.
So support your team while taking your game-day to the next level.
FULL NAMED PLAYING SQUADS (13):
Hobart Hurricanes: D'Arcy Short, Matthew Wade (captain/wicketkeeper), Alex Doolan, Ben McDermott, George Bailey, Simon Milenko, James Faulkner, Johan Botha, Jofra Archer, Clive Rose, Riley Meredith, Jake Doran, David Moody.
Sydney Sixers: Justin Avendano, Joe Denly, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques (captain), Jordan Silk, Josh Philippe (wicketkeeper), Tom Curran, Sean Abbott, Steve O'Keefe, Ben Dwarshuis, Ben Manenti, Jack Edwards, Greg West.
BBL|08 SERIES LADDER as at 02/01/19:
Hobart Hurricanes – Matches: 4, Wins: 4, Losses: 0, Total Points: 8, Net Run Rate: 0.772 (1st)
Sydney Sixers – Matches: 5, Wins: 3, Losses: 2, Total Points: 6, Net Run Rate: -0.07 (2nd)
Valet Bike Parking:
We offer FREE secure bike parking at Blundstone Arena’s Northern Gate for all BBL cricket matches. Blundstone Arena is perfectly placed to ride to as the Clarence Foreshore Trail runs right past it. At the bottom of Beach Street, a path connects the Foreshore Trail to the carpark. Just ride up Beach Street, turn left onto Church Street and head straight up towards the Northern Gate.
Venue Street Parking:
There is limited parking available around Blundstone Arena on match-days, so patrons planning on attending are encouraged to make use of the free buses available. If you must drive, there are some parking options in the area: South Street Reserve, Bellerive (Free), Kangaroo Bay (Free), Regatta Grounds (Free) and Bellerive Primary School ($5 per car).
WARM WEATHER INFORMATION
It is expected to be a hot day in Hobart today, and while it will be far cooler for our 7:15pm start time, please find some useful information below so you can plan ahead of the game.
A cool change is expected this afternoon with the forecast daily temperature to be 13-33 degrees - being 25 degrees maximum at game time.
Our stadium venue has Conditions Of Entry for patron safety and comfort - Click Here: Blundstone Arena Conditions Of Entry.
Unopened plastic bottles of water and soft drink are permitted into the venue.
Opened plastic bottles, glass, cans and alcohol are not permitted into the venue.
Empty drink bottles or containers can be brought into the venue and can be filled with water from our two permanent fill stations.
Our water fill stations are located at:
- Outside Bay 3 of the Ricky Ponting Stand.
- At the rear of the Members Pavilion near the Northern Gate entrance on Derwent Street.
Thanks to MyState Bank our WBBL Principal Partner, they will also be providing water stations for patrons located in our FanZone near the Northern Gate entrance.
There will also be sunscreen located at this area.
See you TONIGHT!