Following the conclusion to the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019, Australia is officially next to host a major global ICC event with two standalone T20 World Cups coming in 2020.
2020 is going to be huge, and fans have options to plan their full 2020 experience now.
The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is not far away, with tickets already on sale.
Men’s ticket prices have been announced today and have gone on pre-sale for existing Cricket Tasmania Members from 12pm today until 11:59pm on August 29, 2019.
Members can follow the steps in their pre-sale e-mail distributed this morning to purchase their tickets.
Calling Hobart home in October next year will be Bangladesh, the surprise packet at the World Cup 2019 - narrowly missing a Semi-Final berth, and Kane Williamson's New Zealand who could not have gone closer to winning an inaugural World Cup crown.
- There will be three double-header match days on 19, 21 and 23 October 2020, with Bangladesh featuring on each day.
- There will be two Super 12 matches played on Sun 25 Oct (afternoon) and Tues 27 Oct (evening), the latter featuring New Zealand.
- The top two teams from the First Round matches in Geelong will qualify for the Super 12 stage of the tournament.
Ticket price highlights
- Tickets to all three double-header match days at Bellerive Oval are $20 for adults and $5 for children.
- Tickets to the two Super 12 matches, one featuring New Zealand, start from $20 for adults and $5 for children.
The qualifiying nations competing in the first round in Hobart will be known in mid-November, following the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier in the UAE. The top two sides from the first round matches in Geelong will make up the nations for the Super 12 matches in Hobart that are yet to be decided.
Tickets will go on sale to the general public following the pre-sale for Cricket Tasmania Members.
Cricket Tasmania Membership 2019-20
To read about the benefits of becoming a Cricket Tasmania Member this summer to ensure some of the best seats to next year's T20 World Cup matches in Hobart, along with access to all domestic and international cricket played at Blundstone Arena this summer - including the Big Bash League, jump on our Membership Portal here.