Season 2017/18 saw Cricket Tasmania and the Hobart Hurricanes join forces with the Australian Sports Foundation (ASF) to launch the official Hurricanes Foundation to directly support our local communities that support us.
Combining the reach and awareness of the Hurricanes and Cricket Tasmania brands, we’ve created this program to positively impact our wide cricket community.
We’ve already impacted many individuals, charity agencies and community groups in the short time the Foundation has been operating.
So here is a quick snapshot of what the Hurricanes Foundation has achieved:
- Thanks to the generosity of Cricket Tasmania and Hurricanes members and fans we raised over $8,000 for charity at our home games through popcorn sales and online donations.
- We donated signed cricket bats, playing shirts and other team merchandise that helped community groups and special causes raise over $51,000 in total.
- Recently we assisted the Purple For Prostate Group who raised over $10,000 at their annual fundraising event.
- We provided 11 schools across the State from Hobart to Strahan with free and healthy Breakfast Clubs including nutritious foods and drinks plus fun exercise activities.
- We supported the Tassal Indigenous Xl T20 team to travel to Orange in regional NSW to take part in a Tri-Series Tournament against the Sydney Thunder Indigenous team.
- Through the Northern Rookie Program we provided Emma Manix-Geeves from the New Town and Riverside Cricket Clubs and Jarrod Freeman from the Mowbray Cricket Club, the opportunity to join our Hurricanes WBBL and BBL squads for pre-season training and go ‘behind the scenes’, giving them valuable insights into cricket at an elite level.
We have accomplished so much and with your support we can continue to do much more.
For more information on how you can get involved and support the valuable work the Hurricanes Foundation does please visit: www.hurricanesfoundation.com.au
All donations are 100% tax deductible.