WHAT: BBL Home Semi-Final – Hobart Hurricanes vs Melbourne Stars
WHEN: 7.30pm THIS Thursday Night 14 February 2019
WHERE: Blundstone Arena, Hobart
SEMI-FINAL MATCH FACTS:
- Our first Home Semi-Final since BBL|01 vs Sydney Sixers seven years ago!
- WINNER of Hurricanes (1st) vs Stars (4th) to play the WINNER of Renegades (2nd) vs Sixers (3rd) in the KFC BBL|08 Grand Final at 2:45pm THIS Sunday Afternoon 17 February – Venue TBC.
- 24 December 2018 – Blundstone Arena, Hobart: Stars 5-155 (20.0 overs) lost to the Hurricanes 4-156 (18.4 overs) by 6 wickets.
- 14 January 2019 – MCG, Melbourne: Hurricanes 2-185 (20.0 overs) defeated the Stars 10-126 (17.1 overs) by 59 runs.
- Our James Faulkner up against his former Stars team-mates which includes Tasmanian Tigers favorites Jackson Bird & Ben Dunk.
- Unbeaten home record at Blundstone Arena so far in Season BBL|08!
- This could be our LAST home game so please come support us in person where we can hear you in the crowd to lift us into our second consecutive Grand Final on Sunday! Get on that Cane Train.
It's Valentine’s Day Night - First 1,500 people through the gates get a purple flower! You gotta LOVE Big Bash Cricket...
Yo! Mafia: International R&B & Party DJ
Pre-Game VDJ Performance From 6:50pm
See our 'League Of Heroes': Captain Matthew Wade, D'Arcy Short, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, George Bailey, Simon Milenko, James Faulkner, Jofra Archer, Qais Ahmad, Clive Rose, Riley Meredith, David Moody, Jake Doran, Alex Doolan, Jarrod Freeman, Tom Rogers and Aaron Summers.
The Melbourne Stars are ‘star-studded’ with Australian cricketers Glenn Maxwell (captain), Marcus Stoinis, Peter Handscomb, Nic Maddinson, Adam Zampa, Ben Dunk and Jackson Bird, International stars Dwayne Bravo and Sandeep Lamichhane, plus State players Seb Gotch and Daniel Worrall.
KFC BBL|08 FINAL LADDER RANKINGS:
Hurricanes: 14 Games / 10 Wins / 4 Losses / 20 Points / Net Run Rate: 0.603 = 1st.
Stars: 14 Games / 7 Wins / 7 Losses / 14 Points / Net Run Rate: -0.062 = 4th.
VALUE! General Admission Match Tickets FROM:
Adult: $25 / Junior (5-15): $10 / Concession: $18 / Family (2A+2J): $55
Standard Reserved Seat Match Tickets FROM:
Adult: $45 / Junior (5-15): $15 / Concession: $35 / Family (2A+2J): $97
Premium Reserved Seat Match Tickets FROM:
Adult: $54 / Junior (5-15): $15 / Concession: $40 / Family (2A+2J): $115
GATE OPENING TIMES:
6pm – For Cricket Tasmania Members: Your Member Card will scan you in as per normal.
6pm – For Hobart Hurricanes Members: Please show your BBL|08 Member Card as proof of membership but it will NOT scan you in. You will need your Semi-Final ticket for gate entry.
6:30pm – For General Public / Non-Members.
Bat Flip: 6.45pm
First Innings: 7.30pm
Innings Break (15 mins): 8.50pm
Second Innings: 9.05pm
Match Ends: 10.25pm
FREE PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- FREE buses will operate to Blundstone Arena from Franklin Square, Elizabeth Street, Hobart CBD.
- Will leave the city every 10 minutes from First Bus 5.50pm until Last Bus 7.10pm.
- Buses will then depart post-match from Church Street, Bellerive as required to return patrons back to Franklin Square in the city.
Metro Tasmania - Tel: 13 22 01 / Web: www.metrotas.com.au
Get the Metro App from the App Store or Google Play Store.
HURRICANES HUB SHOP:
Our online store, game-day merch outlets and Rebel Sport shops are running extremely low on Hurricanes stock with the season almost finished and our team qualifying for the Finals early.
However, we still have various playing apparel sizes, media polos, caps, jackets and other items available at our Blundstone Arena Customer Hub Shop at the main Western Gate (opposite the Hurricanes Café) at 15 Derwent Street, Bellerive from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
So grab your Home Semi-Final tickets and deck yourself out in purple Hurricanes gear at the same time right here at Blundstone Arena before Thursday night!
MATCH HOSPITALITY PACKAGES:
Hurricanes Hub: Our most popular group function with four-hour food & beverage package, premium reserved indoor & outdoor seating, brilliant field views, plus private indoor bar & drinks service - $175pp.
Boundary Bar: Comfortable private area with seating, prime field views overlooking the boundary, private cash bar, food platters & bar snacks - $85pp.
We are taking Expressions Of Interest for Private Suites, The Lounge and The Deck.
Private Suites: Four-hour fully gourmet catered private & comfortable corporate boxes for your family, friends, staff or clients with elevated locations offering superior field views - $2,500 for 10 people.
Lounge @ The Ground: Four-hour fully catered private marquee in a great location beside Cadbury Hill with superb field views - $5,000 for 20 people - All Inclusive!
The Deck: Four-hour fully catered ultimate Level 3 vantage point location with a relaxed & spacious entertainment area, covered deck & private bar - $10,000 for 40 people - All Inclusive SOLD!
Please contact our Event Sales Manager Tristan Hall:
Mobile: 0439 325 456 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tassal - Our Community Offerings:
- Tassal Tasmanian Salmon Classic Catches Inflatable Pad
- FREE: Tassal Thundersticks
- Tassal Sampling Food Truck (TBC) – Product Website Here
MyState Bank Offerings:
- MyState Bank Giant Inflatable Pirate Ship
- FREE: Hurricanes Bandanas & Captain Hurricane Posters
- Match Rejuvenation Stations
- Hurricanes MyState Bank Youth Accounts – Full Info Here
Hobart Hurricanes Offerings:
- Throw Targets Skill Wall
- FREE: Face Painters & W/BBL Team Posters
Cricket Australia Offerings:
- FREE: KFC BucketHeads plus Weet-Bix 4 & 6 Boundary Cards
- Innings Break BucketBall Free Hit Practice With Slingshots
- Fox / Kayo Crowd Fan Cams playing ‘Boom Boom Boom’ by The Outhere Brothers to WIN
- Wrigley Crowd Fan Cams
Hill Street Grocer ‘Guess The Crowd' to WIN $150 Gift Card!
Mon 24/12: Xmas Eve Hobart home crowd – 9,132
Fri 28/12: 2nd Hobart home crowd – 10,478
Fri 4/1: 3rd Hobart home crowd – 12,920
Tue 29/1: 4th Hobart home crowd – 11,320
Thu 7/2: 5th Hobart home crowd – 8,235
Captain Hurricane ‘Meet + Greet’ with FREE Valhalla Premium Tasmanian Ice Cream giveaways alongside his pirate mates Captains Belle & Rive PLUS new crowd fave 'Salmo' the Tassal Salmon.
Our NEW Ground ‘Four’ce On-Field MC Crew featuring Hit100.9 Hobart’s Jimmy & Nath plus Bonnie Sveen from Home and Away and our Ground Announcer Tubes Taylor.
Hit100.9FM Hobart 'Make Your Own Banner' Booth.
The Mercury Newspaper 'Face On The Front Page' Booth.
Hurricanes Foundation Popcorn Stand & Merchandise Stalls.
FREE OFFICIAL 'BIG BASH BUDDY' APP:
Match-day companion for Hurricanes members + fans featuring:
- The Hurricanes Siren: Support us LOUD + PROUD on game-days at the stadium or from home.
- Tassal Turbo Trivia: Test your knowledge with our Big Screen Trivia for your chance to WIN $500 vouchers thanks to Tassal.
- Match Day Matters: Your updated game-day info for all things Hurricanes.
- Buy Match Tickets & Game-Time Countdown Clock.
- Exclusive Video + Photo Content.
So support your team while taking your game-day to the next level.
VALET BIKE PARKING:
We offer FREE secure bike parking at Blundstone Arena’s Northern Gate for all BBL cricket matches. Blundstone Arena is perfectly placed to ride to as the Clarence Foreshore Trail runs right past it. At the bottom of Beach Street, a path connects the Foreshore Trail to the carpark. Just ride up Beach Street, turn left onto Church Street and head straight up towards the Northern Gate.
VENUE STREET PARKING:
There is limited parking available around Blundstone Arena on match-days, so patrons planning on attending are encouraged to make use of the free buses available. If you must drive, there are some parking options in the area: South Street Reserve, Bellerive (Free), Kangaroo Bay (Free), Regatta Grounds (Free) and Bellerive Primary School ($5 per car).