The North Hobart Demons and Lindisfarne Cricket Club will contest the 2018-19 Detail First CTPL Twenty20 Grand Final when they meet TONIGHT at Blundstone Arena, Bellerive.
North Hobart go into Thursday night’s big clash unbeaten after seven rounds of the competition while Lindisfarne dropped just the one match in a last ball thriller against the Clarence Roos in Round 6.
This will be the first time both sides will meet in a First-Grade Grand Final across any format.
Since Twenty20’s inception in 2005-06, Lindisfarne have been crowned Premiers twice - the first time in the 2012-13 Season and the second time in the 2015-16 Season.
For North Hobart, they have been crowned Premiers just the once back in the 2009-10 Season.
This season, not only are bragging rights on the line for the winner, but instant qualification into the inaugural Fox Cricket National T20 Championships to be held at Adelaide's Karen Rolton Oval precinct on 5-6 March 2019.
The event will feature the winning club from each state and territory's respective T20 competitions, including Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and the ACT's Premier T20 tournaments, as well as the two finalists from the Victorian and New South Wales competitions.
North Hobart have named a host of top tier stars for tonight's showdown including:
- current Tasmanian Tiger and Sydney Sixer top order batsman Jordan Silk
- debuting Hobart Hurricane top order batsman Caleb Jewell who made 32 off 20 balls including six boundaries and one maximum against the Perth Scorchers
- Jake Doran who is fresh off his Hurricanes debut this season and his century against Sri Lanka during the recent CA XI tour match
- returning from injury all-rounder Hurricane Tom Rogers
- as well as new Sheffield Shield pace bowling superstar Alex Pyecroft.
For Lindisfarne, they have included:
- Tasmanian Tiger and contracted Hurricane Aaron Summers
- leading Twenty20 run-scorer Charlie Wakim
- leading First-Grade run-scoring machine Mac Wright
- Australian U19 stars Jarrod Freeman and Keegan Oates
- as well as Australian T20 and Hobart Hurricanes batting star Ben McDermott.
Match commences 6pm TONIGHT Thursday 24 January 2019
Blundstone Arena, 15 Derwent Street, Bellerive
Entry via Northern Gate Only - Corner Church & Derwent Streets.
North Hobart Demons Cricket Club
Player & Shirt Number
Caleb Jewell (captain) 32
Kade Applebee 20
Daniel Rawlings 59
Nicholas Davis 27
Robb Macmillan 3
Jack White 73
Ben Fraser 24
Tom Rogers 6
Jordan Silk 14
Riley May 7
Jake Doran (wicketkeeper) 00
Corey Murfet 69
Lindisfarne Lightning Cricket Club
Player & Shirt Number
Charlie Wakim (captain) 5
Daniel Chapman 15
Mac Wright 44
Nathan Ellis 17
Keegan Oates 99
Jarrod Freeman 8
Oliver Wray (wicketkeeper) 39
Matt Wilkie 1
Jackson Grubb 23
Jayden Harris 21
Tom Briscoe 7
Matthew Dance 16
Ben McDermott 19
Aaron Summers 96