Media & Digital Manager
(12-24 Months / Contract Negotiable)
Drive your career to the next level with the Hobart Hurricanes and Big Bash League!
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced Media & Digital Manager to creatively promote and market the Hobart Hurricanes and Tasmanian Cricket, by building and connecting with our audience of Hurricanes and Tigers members and fans, alongside the wider community through digital and mainstream media platforms.
Reporting to the Marketing, Media & Community Manager, you will be responsible for brainstorming, creating and delivering innovative and engaging digital communications across Cricket Tasmania and the Hobart Hurricanes.
Collaboration will be key to your success as you engage with internal and external stakeholders to implement effective media and digital marketing strategies to boost engagement and share the Cricket Tasmania story.
Your dynamic approach to content development will see you continually measure and report campaign performances to ensure organisational goals are achieved and increased positive awareness of the Hobart Hurricanes, Cricket Tasmania and Blundstone Arena through all digital platforms.
Cricket Tasmania provides an exciting entertainment proposition.
Your role will be critical for retaining and attracting a diverse and passionate fan base, engaging the Tasmanian community and driving revenue outcomes.
In particular, you will develop and implement strategies to appeal to the key markets of women and children.
During the Big Bash season, you will also have the opportunity to leverage your people leadership skills as you are involved in managing all aspects of media for the Hurricanes teams across all matches both in Tasmania and across the country.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Relevant degree and/or work experience in media and/or digital media, preferably in the sporting industry.
- Strong experience in media management and extensive knowledge of the media industry.
- Strong experience in working with digital media platforms including the creation of video content.
- Previous experience in developing digital media strategies.
- Advanced content development experience, including proficiency in design programs.
- Experience in journalism and media relations including exemplary writing skills and experience writing media releases, web articles and other media stories.
- Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to travel with the team/s and work outside normal office hours.
This role provides you with the unique opportunity to be involved in marketing the Men’s Big Bash League (BBL) and Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) which are revolutionising the Australian sporting landscape.
Don’t miss your chance to be part of the story!
Please email your job application in the form of a brief cover letter plus CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Media & Digital Manager in the subject line.
Applications CLOSE 5pm Tuesday 31 July 2018.
Match Officials & Premier League Administrator
Cricket Tasmania is the governing body for cricket in Tasmania promoting and developing the game throughout the State.
As a unique and iconic sporting organisation, Cricket Tasmania has responsibility for all aspects of the sport within Tasmania from junior cricket and coaching programs through to professional players, coaches and umpires.
Cricket Tasmania has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Match Officials & Premier League Administrator to join our Cricket Operations team.
Based at Blundstone Arena in Hobart, this role is responsible for providing administrative support to both the Match Officials and Premier League’s operations by liaising with umpires, scorers and all the Premier Cricket Clubs around Tasmania.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Assist the development and delivery of a wide range of strategies to maximize the recruitment and retention of umpires for Community Cricket through to First Class – in particular, maximizing the ability for female and multicultural persons to engage in umpiring.
- Maintain all relevant umpire and scorer databases and provide online support as required.
- Coordinate with relevant Cricket Tasmania personnel on the delivery and administration of the Community and Representative Level umpire accreditation programs.
- Assist the administration and delivery of regular training presentations and updates to Match Officials.
- Assist the delivery of consistent messaging and promotion of Match Officials and the Premier League through traditional and social media.
- Maintain Premier League competition results, ladders and statistics.
- Administer Premier League ground hire arrangements and liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to the organisation of Premier League events such as finals and functions, plus assist with the activation of sponsor commitments.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A background in sports administration or the organisation of cricket and/or relevant sporting events.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop routine correspondence.
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills, and a willingness to work outside normal office hours.
- Ability to work effectively with stakeholders and represent Cricket Tasmania at meetings, events and presentations.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment plus have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant computer skills.
Please email your job application in the form of a brief cover letter plus CV to: email@example.com quoting Match Officials & Premier League Administrator in the subject line.
Applications CLOSE 5pm Wednesday 25 July 2018.
For further information please contact Cricket Tasmania Cricket Operations Manager Chris Garrett:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org OR Tel – (03) 6282 0403.
Government Relations & Infrastructure Manager
Cricket Australia and Cricket Tasmania are looking for a Government Relations & Infrastructure Manager to join our national government relations & infrastructure teams.
This role will be based at Cricket Tasmania’s headquarters at Blundstone Arena in Hobart.
The successful candidate will develop and coordinate public policy, government relations and infrastructure activity within Tasmania, with a focus on relationships with the Tasmanian State Government, local governments across Tasmania, and the Australian Government for issues relating to Tasmania.
Cricket’s vision is to be the ‘sport of choice’ for governments across Australia and this role is vital in the code’s pursuit of that goal.
The position reports to the Head of Government Relations & Infrastructure at Cricket Australia, with a dotted line to Cricket Tasmania’s Chief Executive Officer, and will sit within the Corporate Services Department at Cricket Tasmania.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop contacts and relationships with all levels of government in Tasmania, with a particular focus on the Tasmanian State Government and municipal governments:
- Manage daily communications with government and other stakeholders within Tasmania.
- Leverage strong relationships to deliver funding for key projects and programs of significance to Tasmanian cricket.
- Ensure that issues of importance to cricket are ‘front of mind’ for governments.
Identify and analyse federal, state and local government sports issues within Tasmania:
- Ensure the views and perspectives of Cricket Australia and Cricket Tasmania are appropriately conveyed to government, and taken into account by government.
- Prepare and execute government and public policy communication plans.
- Prepare briefing papers and reports for the Boards and CEOs of Cricket Tasmania and Cricket Australia as required.
Manage the planning and delivery of the infrastructure and facilities needed to support this growing game across Tasmania:
- Implement the state’s infrastructure strategy to guide cricket’s long-term infrastructure priorities in Tasmania.
- Identify and prioritise opportunities for developing new and renewed infrastructure, servicing community cricket through to high performance levels, by reviewing participation and population growth statistics and examining new residential development areas.
- Manage Tasmania’s participation in the National Cricket Facilities Funding Scheme by identifying, prioritising and presenting project proposals for funding consideration guided by the Tasmanian Cricket Infrastructure Strategy.
- Work closely with the National Community Facilities Manager and High-Performance Facility & Project Manager to identify opportunities for state and local government involvement in developing cricket infrastructure.
- Liaise with local government, residential developers and education providers regarding planned recreational facilities and how to best leverage that infrastructure for cricket’s benefit.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in government at the state or national level, or in government relations within the sports industry or other sectors.
- Experience in managing public affairs strategy and activities.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Relationship building skills, strong organisational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent complex tasks and strategic planning talents.
- Exceptional work ethic including the ability to multi-task and prioritise work commitments and deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail.
We have a strong ambition to be the number one sport for participants and volunteers and this role is central to achieving that goal.
You will have a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the future of cricket and Australian communities, while working in a stimulating and exciting environment.
Please email your job application in the form of a cover letter plus CV to: email@example.com quoting Government Relations & Infrastructure Manager in the subject line.
Applications CLOSE 10pm Sunday 22 July 2018.
At Cricket Australia we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket and we also offer a flexible work environment for employees. We measure ourselves on our behaviours – ‘How We Play’, our people value being real, smashing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.