Blundstone Arena - Venue Operations Manager
• Do you have a passion for events and enjoy the thrill of live occasions?
• Do you have experience in project management or event operations?
• Do you have exceptional organisation skills?
About The Role
Use your energy to deliver fantastic events at Tasmania’s Premier Sports Facility - Blundstone Arena in Bellerive.
You will support the delivery of all sporting and non-sporting events at the venue, as well as managing tenants and facility users.
You will develop and implement operational plans for the continued delivery of smooth operations at the venue.
• You bring passion and energy to engage and influence a variety of people.
• You are great at organising.
• You work well within a diverse team environment.
• You can think outside the square.
Bonus Points If
• You have an understanding of the sports industry.
• You have experience working within the events industry.
• You know what the Big Bash League and AFL are!
What’s In It For You?
Be part of an encouraging and successful sporting organisation.
Build your skills in a high-performing and professional environment.
Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve.
Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community.
Employee benefits include:
- a flexible working environment
- potential learning and development opportunities
- access to a national network via the Australian Cricket family
- world-class facilities in a stunning location
- the odd trip to other venues to see how they do it!
About Our Team
Cricket Tasmania manages Blundstone Arena and deals with numerous stakeholders, hirers and tenants who are local, interstate and international.
The Venue Operations team is diverse and manages curating, catering, maintenance and events.
You are joining a team that is smart and energetic.
We are focused and motivated – we deeply enjoy the work that we do and the impact it has in the community.
Completed applications, including a CV and brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, should be emailed to: email@example.com quoting reference Manager - Venue Operations in the subject line.
Applications CLOSE 9am Monday 4 February 2019.
General Manager - Hobart Hurricanes: Marketing & Commercial
A rare opportunity to lead the off-field operations of a Big Bash team!
Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced and dynamic General Manager to lead our Marketing & Commercial team and grow the Hobart Hurricanes brand in Tasmania!
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key part of Cricket Tasmania’s executive team and play a critical role in the delivery of Cricket Tasmania’s overall strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for leading the off-field strategy and vision for the Hobart Hurricanes, as well as overseeing the organization-wide marketing, commercial and brand management strategies for the Cricket Tasmania, Hobart Hurricanes and Blundstone Arena stadium brands.
• Driving the relationship between Cricket Australia and the Hobart Hurricanes across the W/BBL, marketing, communications and commercial streams.
• Working collaboratively with the General Manager - High Performance and General Manager - Events & Operations to drive the desired strategic and operational outcomes for the Hobart Hurricanes.
• Maximising the ‘match day experience’ for Hurricanes’ members and fans and growing key revenue streams such as attendance, membership, sponsorship and merchandise.
• Manage the sales and return on investment of all key partnerships at Cricket Tasmania including the achievement of specific revenue growth targets.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
• Extensive leadership experience in a general management role.
• Significant experience in marketing, sales and business development.
• The ability to manage and lead through conflicting strategic priorities.
• Strong commercial acumen, with experience in managing complex budgets.
• An innovative mindset with the ability to think big!
• Previous relevant experience in a sporting environment is preferred but not essential.
The Hobart Hurricanes is an exciting, family-friendly entertainment proposition that you have the opportunity to influence.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the General Manager - Hobart Hurricanes position may just be the perfect fit.
Apply today to create your legacy in the expansion of the Big Bash League in Tasmania and Australia!
To apply, please email your application in the form of a brief cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference General Manager – Hobart Hurricanes in the subject line.
At Cricket Tasmania we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket. We also believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re open to discussing your needs, just let us know. We measure ourselves on our behaviours – ‘How We Play’ – our people value being real, smashing the boundaries, making every ball count and being stronger together.