Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund
Cricket is investing more into community cricket facility projects than ever before via the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund (ACIF).
In line with Cricket Australia’s five-year strategic goal to be the leading participation sport in Australia, the ACIF will provide more than $4.68 million annually to fund improved community cricket infrastructure, with a focus on growing participation and promoting accessibility and inclusivity in Australian cricket.
Cricket Tasmania and Cricket Australia are partnering to provide clubs, association, schools, councils and cricket facility managers with the opportunity to apply for funding for cricket facility projects.
All projects submitted to the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund must be compliant with the Community Cricket Facility Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply to the ACIF?
Clubs, associations, councils, schools, facility managers or any other organisation with a role as a user or manager of a community cricket facility.
What types of projects receive funding from the ACIF?
Projects must be focused on growing cricket participation and/or providing welcoming and inclusive environments for all participants. Typical projects include the construction or refurbishment of pitches, ovals, practice facilities, change rooms, pavilions and supporting infrastructure.
Are there projects that the ACIF doesn't support?
The ACIF doesn’t support:
1) projects that have already commenced
2) the purchase of sporting equipment (eg. stumps, balls)
3) routine maintenance or maintenance equipment
4) short-term temporary facilities
5) projects not focused on community cricket
6) projects that can be covered by insurance
7) previously funded facilities (unless a new facility component)
8) facilities with no or limited public access.
What if my project doesn't meet the funding guidelines?
Please make contact with Cricket Tasmania to discuss how we may be able to assist you to develop your project or seek other funding opportunities.
How much funding can I apply for?
The ACIF has two primary funding categories:
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Minor: $1,000 - $10,000
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Major: $10,001 - $30,000
Applications for multi-faceted or regionally significant projects in excess of $30,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis.