Cricket Tasmania is the governing body of cricket in Tasmania, promoting and developing the game throughout the state. Cricket Tasmania is the only professional sport in Tasmania and is responsible for junior cricket and coaching programs through to professional players, coaches and umpires.
Cricket Tasmania has an exciting new opportunity for an innovative and strategic Marketing Specialist to join our team! The successful candidate will play a critical role in working across all departments within Cricket Tasmania to tell Cricket Tasmania’s story to our fans, stakeholders and communities.
Reporting to the General Manager, Hobart Hurricanes, this is a unique opportunity for a Marketing Specialist to be the guardian of an iconic Tasmanian brand.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement focused communications plans to deliver in line with the Cricket Tasmania Communications Strategy
- Work with the membership, ticketing and hospitality departments to develop and execute effective campaigns to drive both renewals and new business activity to enable us to hit our performance targets.
- Manage brand standards and templates for all business units to ensure consistent and professional positioning of the brand for all collateral, websites and social media channels.
- Manage a range of suppliers and agencies to deliver cost effective and proficient marketing services
- Develop and implement proactive communications messaging around community relations programs to appropriately position cricket within the communities it serves
- Devise and implement marketing strategies and collateral designed to grow cricket participation and attendance in Cricket Tasmania through strategic
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role, preferably within a sporting environment
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing strategies, and background of marketing to the customer
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management skills
- An ability to multi task
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management skills
The position description is available at here.
Completed applications, including a resume and brief covering letter outlining suitability for the role, can be emailed to email@example.com quoting Marketing Specialist in the subject line.
For further information please contact Cricket Tasmania via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 12 October 2017.
Are you interested in learning the skills required to maintain sports fields and cricket wickets?
Are you an enthusiastic, independent and motivated person, with a strong work ethic?
Cricket Tasmania has a position available for an Apprentice Curator at Blundstone Arena!
Blundstone Arena, Bellerive is the home of Cricket Tasmania. The venue is host to national and international cricket and AFL matches as well as a range of sporting, corporate and social events.
While learning on the job skills from Cricket Tasmania’s qualified and experience Curators, the apprenticeship requires you to attend specific training with a registered training organisation to obtain your qualification.
This position will require you to be flexible with working hours including some weekend work. It will provide you with the opportunity to learn how to:
- establish turf playing surfaces,
- prepare pitches,
- maintain the health of turf,
- repair damaged turf,
- correctly use fertilisers,
- safely operate relevant machinery,
- work with drainage and irrigation systems and
- work safely in compliance with workplace health and safety standards
If this is the opportunity you have been searching for, please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter explaining why you would suit the role to email@example.com.
A downloadable position description is available here.
Applications close Friday 19 October 2017.